WHY CHOSE PRO V ACADEMY?
We started Pro V because we thought volleyball for younger ages could be done better. We spent years watching 12, 13 and 14 year old players in many different clubs. We would see dramatic differences in how skills and technique were taught from team to team. We both have "volleyball daughters" and did not want our daughters to be in a environment where their development would dramatically hinge on who their coach was. We wanted to create a system where practices where extremely organized and all players would be taught skills the same way - the right way.
What do we do differently?
- All teams practice together with a master coach planning each and every practice
- All players are taught the same technique and skills. Every team executes the same drills. This eliminates the individual coaches preference on skills and technique. No matter who your daughter has a a coach, your daughter will be trained with correct technique from all coaches.
- We emphasize technique, skills, and repetition, over scrimmaging in practice. This is the same formula was use at Benet Academy High School, with great success.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT JOINING PRO V ACADEMY?
- How many teams do you plan to have at the 14U level, and how many players will you take on each team? We plan to have two 14U teams, two 13U teams, and one 12U team. Each team will have 9-11 players. Most of the time we plan for 10 on each team, but occasionally there is 9 or 11.
- Once the players make it into your program, when do they find out which team they will be on for the season? Teams will not be announced until we have practiced for a while. With no tournament play there is not a rush to make teams.
- Do you ever find yourself moving players up/down to different teams during the season for whatever reason - performance / mistaken abilities / etc.? Yes we will move players during the season based on injury and performance, but this doesn't happen often.
- Do you place players in specific positions at all team levels? If so, and you have a player who focuses more on libero/defense, does she still participate in hitting and other front row skills in practice? Or do you focus on position-specific training in practice? Our practice plans offer both. We want to develop all the volleyball skills at this age, but still have specific reps for specific positions.
- What is your philosophy on playing time? Do the best players play more? Do you spread playing time more equally? Does this vary based on the level of the team? Players that have the ability to play front row and back row (6 rotations) will play more. We do not incorporate a park district philosophy of everyone playing front row and back row equally. Every player will get ample playing time in tournaments.
- Are the tryouts and practices open or closed for parent viewing? All tryouts and practices are closed to parent viewing.